Reef - Rainforest - Reef
Sunday 4th June
Celebrate the 27th running of the RRR Mountain Bike Challenge in 2017, as part of Cairns Airport Adventure Festival
The RRR (Rural, Rainforest and Reef) Mountain Bike Challenge is the longest running ‘point to point’ race in Australia. First run in 1991, the race will celebrate 27 years running in 2017.
In this visually spectacular race, three diverse terrains are dominated. Entries are now open and available for both distances – 35 km Classic RRR and a70km Endurance RRR
Need some inspiration? Check out some of the action from the 25th anniversary preview, with downhill mountain biker Evan Winton and professional athlete Courtney Atkinson.
|Sunday 4 June 2017||Event||Venue|
|6:30am||Pre-Race Bus Boards for Mt Molloy
(pre booked service)
|7:30am – 8:30am||Check In – 70KM||Mt Molloy|
|7:30am – 10:30am||Check In – 35KM||Mt Molloy|
|8:50am||Race Briefing – 70KM||Mt Molloy|
|9:00am||Race Start – 70KM||Mt Molloy|
|10:50am||Race Briefing – 35KM||Mt Molloy|
|11:00am||Race Start – 35KM||Mt Molloy|
|3:00pm||Presentations & Entertainment –
RRR Mountain Bike Challenge
|3:30pm||Post-Race Bus Boards for Mt Molloy
(pre booked service)
The pre-race or post-race shuttle bus can be booked when entering the event. For $20, yourself and your bike will be transported to Mt Molloy. If you have already entered the event, and would like to book this shuttle, please log back into your registrations and add this service. If you have any issues, please phone the IRONMAN office on 1300 761 384 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Wetherby Station
Camping is available close to the homestead at a cost of $20 per site (with your own camping equipment). The site includes use of toilets and hot showers.
– 2-man tents including mattresses and linen are available for hire at $25
– Saturday evening carb hit on the homestead varendahs, consisting of Spaghetti Bolognaise, salads and garlic bread, dersert of chocolate self saucing pudding, teas and coffee. Cost: $25 per person.
– A campfire will be set up in the Raintree Courtyard for those wishing to socialize during the evening.
– Whetherby is licensed and we can offer a choice of red/white wine, beer and soft drinks for those having dinner
– Sunday morning breakfast of cereals, fruits, toast, tea and coffee $10
Bookings are essential.
Please confirm by email to: email@example.com to book a campsite and dinner or breakfast.